Hiding Easter eggs in the yard and filling Easter baskets with goodies can be fun, but make sure you know where your pets are at! All of those chocolate Easter bunnies, and candy filled eggs in the yard means it is easy for your pet to get to!
Chocolate can be dangerous for dogs because of the stimulant Theobromine which is found inside. Of course this does not mean that your dog is going to die if he has some chocolate, but this does mean that keeping it away from your dog is for the better. Not only can the chocolate be a problem, but the foil wrapping that it usually comes in can be a danger as well.
Other items like plastic eggs and Easter grass can also be a danger for your pet as well. If your dog gets to some of the plastic eggs and breaks them open, the plastic shards can be potential harmful to his insides if swallowed. Plastic grass can be hazardous because if swallowed it can cause a blockage in your pets stomach.
So this Easter holiday, be sure to pay attention to your pets as well as your kids. Make sure you know how many eggs you hide in the yard and that what you hide is found by human hands to prevent your pets from finding potential harm!
Site & Contents © BaxterBoo.com®. BaxterBoo is located in the United States.