Close
Click Here To Sign Up!
BaxterBoo Blog
March 13, 2013

Jack Russell Terrier Swallows Over 100 Pennies

main image

Last week, Jack swallowed 111 pennies and quickly became ill. After seeing the noticeable changes in his dog, Jack's owner rushed him to a veterinary hospital in Manhattan.  After a quick X-ray, doctors could see a bulge of pennies in Jack's stomach. They quickly put him under and began emergency surgery. They were able to successfully remove all 111 pennies which saved Jack's life because the zinc from the coins could have poisoned and killed him.

Although it is not known how the dog came to find 111 pennies and swallow them so quickly, the owner reported to the local newspaper that Jack is back to his normal, happy self.

What do you think?

Name:
You are not logged in.
This entry was posted by Daniel.

Recent Articles

article image

April 27, 2017

Which Dog “Group” Is Right For You?

The American Kennel Club, or AKC, classifies breeds of dogs according to “group.” Which group a breed belongs to depends on the breed’s characteristics, breeding, history, temperament and purpose. Knowing which group a breed belongs


article image

April 27, 2017

Watch this: Cat Plays Fetch With Toy

This cat knows - if you want to keep playing, you gotta bring the toy back! :) 


article image

April 26, 2017

How to Introduce a Dog and Cat in Your Home

If you own a cat and are considering adopting a dog, or vice versa, you should be thoughtful about the way that you bring the new animal into your home. Introducing a new pet into a home with an existing pet resident can be chaotic if not done approp


Subscribe to

Baxter's Backyard!