The Ultra Paws Wound Boot covers a wounded paw to help with healing and to prevent infection or bandage chewing.
- Breathable to allow air to freely flow in and around the wound area
- Improves healing and helps prevent infection
- The sole is a non-skid PVC material which provides traction indoors and limited use outdoors. (Other Ultra Paws boots are intended for broader use outdoors)
- Spandex sides allow for a range of healing stages - expands to cover bandage or cast and reduces when bandage is removed for continual healing protection.
- Wide top expands to slip dog's paw into the boot
- Interior foam pads help keep the boot securely in place and provide comfort.
- Two generous touch fastener straps with closures at the front and back
- Restricts licking or chewing at wounds - since some dogs may still try to lick or chew the boot, we recommend a product such as Bitter Apple Spray (Product H16) which has been found to reduce this behavior.
- Includes disposable wrap to protect boot outdoors.
Why We Love It:
This single boot is made of breathable mesh to allow air to freely flow in and around wound area - reducing moisture and keeping wound area dryer and cooler. Restricts licking or chewing at wounds. Elastic sides expand to cover a bandage or cast. The base of the boot features a traction pad with anti-slip providing safety indoors and protection outside.
To go outside, place the paw wearing the boot inside the white disposable boot wrap. Tie strings over the top of the boot ensuring it is completely covered. Note that the wrap is for light duty use outside and will wear out quickly on abrasive surfaces.
The interior foam pads help keep the boot securely in place and provide comfort. Easy to get on - wide top expands to slip dog's paw in. Two generous touch fastener straps with closures at the front and back. Loosely fasten touch fastener closures, wash in cold water on delicate cycle; hang to air dry.
Package includes 1 Wound Boot, 1 disposable Boot Wrap.
Size without bandage:
Small fits paw width 1-1/4"(3.8cm) to 1-3/4"(4.5cm)
Medium fits paw width - 2-1/4"(5.7cm) - 2-3/4"(7cm)
Large fits paw width - 3-1/4"(8.3cm) to 4"(10.2cm)
Sizes for a bandaged paw:
Note: A measurement of the circumference of the paw may help with proper sizing. Use a soft tape measure and position it around the bulkiest/widest area of the bandaged paw. Take this measurement and check the circumference ranges below for correct sizing.
Small fits a circumference range of 4-1/2"(11.4cm) to 6-1/2"(16.5cm)
Medium fits a circumference range of 6-1/2"(16.5cm) to 9-1/2"(24.1cm)
Large fits a circumference range of 7-1/2"(19.1cm) to 11"(27.9cm)